Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Travel ?

So I did some fun stuff over the weekend. Went to the "Thessaloniki Archaeological Museum" on Saturday with the Field Trip club. It was interesting to see lots of stuff from history that I've been learning about in my ancient Greek History class. I'm glad I took that class! I've never been a huge history buff or all that into ancient history for that matter, but it is pretty sweet to run into thousand year old ruins on my walk downtown!

After that, my friends and I went to the train ticket office to buy some train tickets for Athens for our 3-day weekend this weekend (Monday is "Shrove Monday" an official Greek holiday). They were COMPLETELY sold out of all train tickets to Athens for that weekend!!!! We knew it was a popular travel time, but I guess I didn't realize how popular. So now we're trying to come up with a simpler plan that doesn't involve much travel. We'll see how that goes.

I also went to a hookah bar for the very first time. It was fun and different. We had a cappuccino flavored one and then an orange flavored one. I liked the orange one a little better... it tasted like orange tic tacs!! It was a little annoying however because the whole time they were playing VERY LOUD "clubbing" music. It was louder than anything I could have imagined. It wasn't bad, but for the chill-out atmosphere and relaxing ambience I was expecting some more suitable music. (For anyone who knows about this little joke... they definitely played BOOTS WITH THE FEEEER THA HOL CLUB WAS LOOKIN AT HUUUUUUUURR... lol)

I actually am getting homework now which is nice and bad at the same time. Nice, because I have something to help fill my 5.5 hour breaks. Bad, because none of my professors really tell you what to do for these assignments. For example, I am about to go present in my global marketing class. He didn't really say what to do, so I'm going to talk about Starbucks being kicked out of the Forbidden City in China. It kind of has to do with what we're talking about. I don't really know. We'll see in about an hour from now if I make a complete ass of myself.

My last exciting piece of news is this: I'm going to Berlin for a weekend in March! I bought my plane ticket and everything! I'm going from March 7-10 with 3 other people. There was some talk about it and I pricked up my ears and told them to keep me in the loop because I might go. I still can't believe that I bought my ticket... I don't usually do spur of the moment large expense buys! But I figured that I am here to travel and if there is a group of people already going, why not join them? And this way, I can cross Germany off of my list and I won't have to try and squeeze it into spring break plans. Speaking of which, my spring break plans aren't solid but I'm probably going to be going to Spain, France, England, Ireland, Scotland with another girl. We're going to work it all out this weekend. I'm relying on visiting Anne in Rome to get Italy off my list... (I'm flippin' serious about this, if you're reading this Anne!)

That's all the more excitement for now. I've still got 45 minutes until my last class... So I'll probably be facebook stalking most of you (hey, I have to keep up on what's going on in the Midwest without me). Don't act like you're surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment