Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Just a quickie

Ok, I only have a few minutes for a quick blog post! So here are the essentials:

I CLIMBED A MOUNTAIN! I am not kidding. I literally hiked up a mountain this weekend. Mt. Olympus, to be exact. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. In fact, I can barely walk still because my legs hurt so bad. It was intense, but beautiful!!

It was a school field trip, so I was with about 40 other American study abroad students. We took a bus from Thessaloniki to the mountain (about 1 1/2 hour west). It took 3 hours to walk up to the refuge camp. It was HOT and a loooooooooong walk up. And that was the easy part! It was really cold up high. We stayed the night and woke up at 6 a.m. the next morning to begin our hike to the top. It took another 3 1/2 hours to get to the top. I was at the back the whole time. I had about 4 tour guides with me helping me the whole way, but I did it! It's about 10,000 feet to the top.

It was beautiful and amazing! I was definitely NOT in shape enough for this and probably should not have gone, but I did it! I honestly thought I wasn't going to make it, but the guides helped me a lot.

And as for today!!!!!! GUESS WHO'S HERE!!!!

I'm going to class in a few minutes, and I think Marc's plane just touched down in Thessaloniki. I'm going to meet him downtown after class! Tonight we're going to my favorite taverna and then tomorrow we leave for Athens!

Santorini, Nafplio, Athens, then hanging out in Thessaloniki for a while. Maybe I'll take him to Halkidiki beaches next week. :) I actually kind of planned things for us to do. I'm pretty amazed at my awesome planning skills.

I probably won't post again for a while! My internet in my apartment is broken and I won't be on campus for another week. I'm almost done here :( My last adventures will be the best though, I think.

I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment